I always knew I’d work with babies in some capacity. Becoming a doula is something that I’ve been thinking about since I had a doula at the births of my 2 children. Even though the births were so different from each other, they were both positive experiences for my husband and me. She was there to provide support, not only to me, but to my husband as well, who appreciated the help, especially the first time around. I worked in the pregnancy and fertility industry for 6 years before becoming a doula, managing an acupuncture fertility and pregnancy clinic, and it showed me the strength and love that couples have for each other. I want to help couples find that strength in navigating their labour and in bringing their child into the world.
I wanted to be a teacher for a long time, and now that I am a childbirth educator, I am so excited to have another capacity to join couples on their pregnancy journey!
- DONA certified Birth Doula – 2011 – current
- Douglas College Childbirth Educator – 2015
- Breastfeeding Educator through Douglas College – 2011
- When Survivors Give Birth workshop with Penny Simkin – 2012
- Acupressure for labour workshop with Elements of Health Centre – 2011
- Breastfeeding Matters member
- Continuous reading, research, and meetings with doulas
- Experience supporting families who wish to have a VBAC
- Experience supporting single mothers