All families need a different amount of support. Overnight support is one of the things that can help a family thrive in mental health by improving sleep of the parents.
Overnight support generally has the following similarities:
- Support for 6-12 hours when parents have a chance to sleep
- If baby feeds from the body, bringing the baby in for feeding
- If baby feeds from a bottle, assuming all feeds for baby
- Any other baby care needs – diapering, burping, calming, snuggles, etc
- Following along with the sleep wishes that parents have for their child
Who uses this service?
- People who have had their first baby and are finding it difficult to find a rhythm
- People who have had their second (or more) baby and need to be alert during the day
- People who don’t have the chance to sleep during the daytime
- People with anxiety about baby safety
- People who have babies with health issues
Cost for Overnight support is $40/hour with a minimum of 6 hours per night.
My family works, lives, and plays on the traditional lands of the lək̓ʷəŋən People, and I acknowledge and respect the lands that I am on, and the lands that my children grow up on.